Millions of guests and staff at fine-dining, casual, and quick-service restaurants rely on and love Up 'n go for a frictionless checkout experience that’s as easy as scan-pay-go. Guests scan a QR code that’s automatically printed at the bottom of Aloha or Micros checks to quickly settle-up at the table, curbside, counter, drive-thru — or even from home, using our patented Text-the-check™ feature.
Direct API integrations with NCR Aloha and Oracle Micros Simphony and 3700 POS systems. No Omnivore needed.
Servers print and drop the check
Once Up 'n go is activated on your Aloha or Micros POS, QR codes will automatically print at the bottom of checks. Servers leave them at the table as usual. Guests decide whether to pay with the server or Up 'n go.
Guests scan, pay, and go —no app needed!
To pay with Up 'n go, guests simply use their smartphones to scan a QR code on the check, pay as they wish, and leave.
Apple Pay is the most popular payment method on Up 'n go, but Google Pay, Venmo, PayPal, credit cards, and gift cards are also accepted.
Servers receive payment confirmation
A receipt will print at your Aloha or Micros terminal as soon as guests pay, and the payment will display on the check view in your terminals.
Payments are processed by your existing processor and deposited in your bank account in the same batches you’re already receiving from your processor.
The most capable pay at the table solution
Split the check
Gift card acceptance
Sophisticated control panel
Easy-to-use payment flow
Pay at the table
The #1 way to collect payment at the table. Simply drop the check, which will automatically have our QR codes printed on the bottom. Guests of all ages can scan the code with no app needed and pay in 10 seconds.
Text the check™
Add a mobile phone number to a check in your POS and we’ll text a payment link for that check to the number. Use this to collect payment for order-ahead and to-go orders. If servers are using ordering tablets, they can text guests the check right from the table.
Eliminate that extra trip inside to run a card. Servers bring the printed check with a QR code to the car and your guests can pay on the spot and get payment confirmation on their phones.
Pay at the counter
If you’re a quick-service or fast-casual restaurant, guests can scan a QR code dedicated to each terminal to view and pay the check.
Display a QR code on your ordering screen, at the pick-up window, or anywhere else along the way, even on ordering tablets. Guests can use their idle time in line to pay, increasing your speed of service.
Staff also can enter guests’ phone numbers on ordering tablets used for line-busting to text them the check.
- There are endless ways restaurants benefit from contactless payments. Below are some of the incredible results we hear about most often.
- Most importantly, Up 'n go enhances the guest experience, which makes them much more likely to come back—67% more likely, according to exit surveys. That’s because nearly 100% of surveyed guests said they loved the Up 'n go payment experience.
- Another reason paying with Up 'n go is time saved. Guests leave 10 to 20 minutes sooner when they pay with Up 'n go, which is convenient for them and more profitable for your business and your staff.
- When tables turn quicker, it’s like having 30% more capacity in your restaurant. And with Up 'n go, your staff is equipped to handle the increased volume, so they can spend their time selling more food and drinks—earning you more sales and them more tips.
- Using Up 'n go also reduces germ-spreading high-touch payment collections that could cause an outbreak and potentially close your restaurant. Keeping people healthy and safe is good for everyone.